This publication serves as a resource for community level facilitators to provide explanations about the basics of climate change and the role of forests. It aims to raise the awareness of grassroots stakeholders for Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) through answering nine frequently asked questions. The questions because they are frequently asked by grassroots communities, and local level facilitators should be able to answer them in the simplest way in order to deliver a consistent message throughout the project areas and countries.
1. What is climate change?
2. What causes climate change?
3. What is the role of forests in climate change?
4. What is the impact of climate change on local communities and vice versa?
5. What is REDD+?
6. What is forest carbon trading?
7. What are the issues in REDD+?
8. What could REDD+ mean for local communities?
9. What is the role of RECOFTC in REDD+?