Grassroots stakeholders are primary target audience of the Grassroots project. These stakeholders come from various sectors, including government, non-government, civil society, community based organizations, academics, advocacy organizations and communicate and networking organizations.
Below is the list of stakeholders that the project targets for developing their capacity on climate change and REDD+:
- Forest dependent households
- Indigenous peoples and ethnic minority groups
- Teachers and students
- Religions leaders
- Members of community based organizations
- Community forest user groups/ community forest committees
- Farmer groups and farmer associations
- Local forest managers local forest officers
- Forest extension workers and officers
- National park officers
- Local journalists
The design and delivery of capacity development on climate change and REDD+ for above listed stakeholders are firmly based on the notion that to be able to participate with their full potential in the planning and implementation of REDD+ projects, these stakeholders must have full, clear, and culturally appropriate information about REDD+ processes.